12" Soil Tube and TipSKU: #102
The 12" Soil Tube and Tip is a 12" tube that comes with a replaceable, screw-on Regular Soil Tip. It will take a core approximately 8" long by 3/4" in diameter.
The tube is designed to eliminate friction in the tube after cutting the sample. The tube has a non-clogging design with a cut-out in the front to allow for easy soil removal, visual inspection, and cleaning. The sample is unloaded from the tube without binding or compacting. It is marked at 6" intervals on the outside of the tube to indicate sampling depth.
Made with the exceptional workmanship and materials, our soil tubes are finely machined for smooth, easy sampling, and long-lasting durability. All Oakfield Apparatus soil tubes are constructed of high-grade nickel chrome plated steel for extra rust, tarnish and corrosion resistance.
It is easy to build your own soil probe with this tube, just add a handle or hand brace, and optional extension rods. All soil sampling components are interchangeable so you can easily add parts as needed and create the perfect tool for your job. With our replaceable screw-on soil tips, you can add tips depending on the soil and moisture conditions you're sampling.
Related Accessories (sold separately):
- 12" Steel Handle - Hollow inside to keep it lightweight but incredibly durable for use in most soil types. This is a customer favorite!
- 12" Solid Steel Handle - For the toughest soil conditions, holds up well under hard use and hammering.
- 8" Steel Handle - Smaller size makes it more portable and lightweight.
- 12" Extension Rod - Provides added length to the probe. You can add multiple of these extension rods to your probe as needed.
- 30" Extension Rod - Provides the most length to your probe to save your back from bending.
- Hand Brace - Makes boring holes into the soil by hand much easier by simply cranking the handle to turn the probe further into the ground.