Dowel Rod for Closed Hay TubeSKU: #11
This Dowel Rod is specifically designed to fit into the Closed Hay Tube to help easily remove the sample. It measures about 1/2” diameter and 24” long. It is long enough to go all the way through any of our tubes to eject the complete sample. The handle stops the dowel from sliding through the tube.
Made with exceptional workmanship and high quality wood, the dowel rod is finely machined to smoothly remove the sample from the tube and for long-lasting durability. Simply push the dowel rod up from the bottom of the tube (the tip end) to extract the sample from the top of the tube. The Dowel Rod could alternatively be used to help remove soil from soil tubes.
Related Accessories (sold separately):
- Closed Hay/Forage Tube and Tip - Use to extract samples from hay bales when concerned about cross-contamination.
- Hex Adapter - Used to hook our hay tubes up to any 1/2" hand drill if you want to add more power.
- 12" Extension Rod - Adds length to any hay probe. You can add multiple of these extension rods to your probe.
- 30" Extension Rod - Adds the most length to a hay probe if you need to sample deep into a large bale.
- 22" Cleaning Brush - Gives a thorough cleaning, helping to ensure a clean, accurate sample.