Closed Hay Probe KitSKU: #91
The Closed Hay Probe Kit quickly and simply extracts samples from hay/forage bales with a closed tube for avoiding cross-contamination.
The hay tube is approximately 18" in length and will take a sample that is 3/4" in diameter. There is a plug at the top of the tube to keep the sample completely encased until you are ready for extraction. Firmly press the pin down to remove the plug at the top of the tube to extracted the sample. We recommend using a Tip Wrench to press the pin down. The tube is extra strong to withstand any twisting during sampling, and attaches to a replaceable, screw-on Serrated Tip that comfortably cuts through hay. The hand brace allows you to just crank and turn the handle to easily cut into the hay.
The Closed Hay Probe Kit includes:
- One - Closed Hay Tube
- One - Serrated Tip
- One - Dowel Rod
- One - Hand Brace
Made with exceptional workmanship and materials, our hay probes are finely machined for smooth, easy sampling, and long-lasting durability. All Oakfield Apparatus hay tubes are constructed of heavy stainless steel. All hay sampling components are interchangeable so you can add parts as needed.
Related Accessories (sold separately):
- Hex Adapter - Used to hook our hay tubes up to any 1/2" hand drill if you want to add more power.
- 12" Extension Rod - Provides added length to the hay probe. You can add multiple of these extension rods to your probe.
- 30" Extension Rod - Provides the most length to your hay probe if you need to sample deep into a large bale.
- 22" Cleaning Brush - Gives the hay probe a thorough cleaning, helping to ensure a clean, accurate sample.
- Open Hay Tube and Tip - For easy extraction, visual inspection, and cleaning.